This first floor (2nd floor for US & Canadian readers) apartment is a fantastic base to explore the amazing city of Edinburgh.
A plethora of Edinburgh attractions are only minutes walk, such as the Royal Scottish Museum and St Giles Cathedral. There is also an abundance of bars, restaurants and cafe's in the immediate area. This apartment is furnished and decorated to a high standard to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
LOUNGE/DRAWING ROOM: This is an extremely spacious room that provides a wonderful place for you to relax when you are not out and about the city. The room consists of two sofas, a dining table suitable for six people and some smaller items of furniture. A large Victorian fireplace with a gas coal effect fire dominates the room and provides additional heat to the electric heating. A selection of dvd's and cd's are provided for your enjoyment.
BEDROOMS: Both bedrooms contain double beds and are situated at the rear of the property for a quieter nights sleep. A wardrobe and chest of drawers in each room provide ample storage space for your possessions.
KITCHEN: The kitchen is equipped with a fridge & freezer, electric oven, gas hob, microwave oven, dishwasher, washing machine (separate tumble dryer in hall cupboard) and cutlery/crockery for up to six people.
SHOWER ROOM: A large shower unit with an instant electric shower. Please note there is no bath in this property.
- linen & towels are provided.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and milk are provided for your arrival.
- Complimentary wireless broadband is available.
- The airport bus drop off point and main railway station are 5 minutes walk.
- A portable 120cm wide double bed can either be erected in the lounge or a bedroom as an additional sleeping option, this must be selected at the time of booking if required. Photo in gallery.
A "meet and greet" service is operated , whereby you will be met at a property at a pre-arranged time to give access. Full instructions of this procedure can be found in the secure guest area after a booking has been completed. It is very important that an approximate arrival time is provided before arrival for this process. Entry is from 14:00 onwards but if nobody has booked to depart on your day of arrival it will probably be very suitable for us to give you entry as early as possible. Departure is by 10am (a guaranteed late departure up to 20:00 can be obtained for 50% of that daily rate. Please contact us if you want to utilise this facility and a price will be calculated).
Please note that arrivals after 19:00 will incur a range of late arrival fee.
**LATE ARRIVAL: fees, 19:00 - 22:30 - 15 pounds, 22:31 - 00:00 - 30 pounds and 00:01 - 02:00 - 50 pounds. The latest access can be given is 02:00, otherwise it is given at 08:00 the next day. ESC accept no liability for any costs involved in alternative accommodation for this 6 hour period.
A deposit of 25% is payable on booking and the outstanding balance of the rental price must be received 2 months prior to your arrival date. For bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date the whole rental price falls payable at the time of booking. Please note that a separate 200 pounds refundable key/security deposit must be provided prior to arrival. This is rescinded 5 days after departure.
There are three options to get from Edinburgh airport to the city centre, all take approx 30-35 minutes. The main rail station Waverley is approx 250 metres from the apt.
1. Edinburgh trams, approx every 8-10 mins (Sunday 12-15 mins), right outside terminal, the nearest drop off point for the apt are the Princes St and St Andrew Sq stops both are approx 800 metres away. Cost 8.50 pounds for adults and 4.50 pounds for children for a RETURN journey.
2. Airport express bus, every 15 minutes right outside terminal building, drop off point on Waverley Bridge approx 300 metres from apt. Costs 7.50 pounds per person for a RETURN journey.
3. Taxi, many can be found right outside the terminal building and will cost 15 - 20 pounds for a one way journey. However a taxi will drop you off right outside the property you have booked.
Street parking is enforced Mon Sat 08:00 - 18:30, it is expensive and inflexible as you can only stay in one spot for a few hours.
There are many city centre car parks to choose from, you can use these for a short time or full days which cost approx 16 pounds or more or enter the postcode of the property you have booked into this website http://www.parkopedia.co.uk/
Alternatively if you do not plan your use your car much, (Edinburgh is a relatively small city centre and is much better explored on foot), leave your car in a well lit residential street outside the restricted city centre, the whole operation should take approx 30 minutes. Alternatively, the return journey in a taxi from an unrestricted area (approx 2.5 km) would be less than one days parking charges. Information on the best areas for this can be provided.