Old Town Grassmarket, 200 metres from Edinburgh Castle
The bright and spacious apartment is on the third floor of an impressive C-listed stone building (on the leftside of the first photo) with baronial features originally constructed in 1875, located at the west end of the Grassmarket, and only minutes from Princes Street. The apartment is south facing, and quiet despite its central location.
Access is via a communal stone staircase with carpeted landings. Entrance is secured by a coded locked door within the front vestibule, and a further locked door on each landing leading to apartments beyond.
Spacious lounge, with two large south facing sash and case windows. Two two-seater sofas (one of them a sofa bed). Dining table and two Eames style dining chairs. 32” wifi enabled smart TV. Electric storage heater. Electric oil filled wall mounted panel heater.
Fully equipped kitchen, with one large south facing window. Electric hob and oven. Fridge. Microwave. Washing machine. Lots of cupboard space.
Shower room with walk-in shower, wash handbasin and toilet.
Bedroom with fitted mirrored wardrobes, south facing window. One double bed (Sealy posture medic mattress)
Unlimited Wifi. Strictly non-smoking property.
* All gas & electricity costs are included in the rental.
* Linen and towels are provided.
* Complimentary tea, coffee and milk are provided for your arrival.
* Ironing facilities and a hair dryer are provided.
* Daytime street parking is available but is expensive, various longer term parking solutions can be suggested. (However, overnight parking is free from 6.30p.m. to 8.00 a.m. Mon-Sat, and free parking is available all day Sunday).
* The airport bus drop off point and Edinburgh's main railway station (Waverley) are approximately 1 km away.
* No smoking is allowed within the apartment.
* pets not allowed.
* We regret that this third floor flat will be unsuitable for some people with disabilities as there are only stairs.
* No lift is available.
A "meet and greet" service is operated , whereby you will be met at a property at a pre-arranged time to give access. Full instructions of this procedure can be found in the secure guest area after a booking has been completed. It is very important that an approximate arrival time is provided before arrival for this process. Entry is from 14:00 onwards but if nobody has booked to depart on your day of arrival it will probably be very suitable for us to give you entry as early as possible. Departure is by 10am (a guaranteed late departure up to 20:00 can be obtained for 50% of that daily rate. Please contact us if you want to utilise this facility and a price will be calculated).
Please note that arrivals after 19:00 will incur a range of late arrival fee.
**LATE ARRIVAL: fees, 19:00 - 22:30 - 15 pounds, 22:31 - 00:00 - 30 pounds and 00:01 - 02:00 - 50 pounds. The latest access can be given is 02:00, otherwise it is given at 08:00 the next day. ESC accept no liability for any costs involved in alternative accommodation for this 6 hour period.
A deposit of 25% is payable on booking and the outstanding balance of the rental price must be received 2 months prior to your arrival date. For bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date the whole rental price falls payable at the time of booking. Please note that a separate 200 pounds refundable key/security deposit must be provided prior to arrival. This is rescinded 2 days after departure.