Castle View Suite 2 is a superbly located two bedroom property at the western end of The Grassmarket which lies within the UNESCO World Heritage Old Town of Edinburgh with breathtaking views of Edinburgh Castle literally right across from the apartment.
The Grassmarket is a highly desirable central location for anyone wanting to make the most of their stay in the City. The majority of historic sights are within a short walk and the area abounds with Restaurants, Bars and Cafes. A short walk down the sweeping Mound or through Princes Street gardens will take you to shoppers heaven in George Street or Princes Street.
This property has just been newly refurbished and fitted to a high standard. It comprises of a open living space with a windows overlooking a spectacular view of Edinburgh Castle. Smart TV, and Wifi included. Kitchen includes Induction, electric hob &, combi/oven microwave, fridge with ice box, dishwasher, washing machine, toaster and kettle.
Both Bedrooms have a double bed (one a kingsize) and a wall mounted television.
A Shower room is in the property, please note there is no bath.
* First floor apartment access by only by stairs, there is no lift.
* * Electric heating throughout, included
* Linen and towels are provided.
* Complimentary tea, coffee and milk are provided for your arrival.
* Ironing facilities and a hair dryer are provided.
* Street parking is available but is expensive.
* The airport drop off point and main railway ( Waverley station ) are 15-20 minutes walk.
Please note that prior to arrival a refundable 200 pounds key/security deposit must be provided.
* No smoking is allowed within the apartment.
* No pets
A "meet and greet" service is operated , whereby you will be met at a property at a pre-arranged time to give access. Full instructions of this procedure can be found in the secure guest area after a booking has been completed. It is very important that an approximate arrival time is provided before arrival for this process. Entry is from 14:00 onwards but if nobody has booked to depart on your day of arrival it will probably be very suitable for us to give you entry as early as possible. Departure is by 10am (a guaranteed late departure up to 20:00 can be obtained for 50% of that daily rate. Please contact us if you want to utilise this facility and a price will be calculated).
Please note that arrivals after 19:00 will incur a range of late arrival fee.
**LATE ARRIVAL: fees, 19:00 - 22:30 - 15 pounds, 22:31 - 00:00 - 30 pounds and 00:01 - 02:00 - 50 pounds. The latest access can be given is 02:00, otherwise it is given at 08:00 the next day. ESC accept no liability for any costs involved in alternative accommodation for this 6 hour period.
A deposit of 25% is payable on booking and the outstanding balance of the rental price must be received 2 months prior to your arrival date. For bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date the whole rental price falls payable at the time of booking. Please note that a separate 200 pounds refundable key/security deposit must be provided prior to arrival. This is rescinded 5 days after departure.
If you have any queries or require further information regarding this property please do not hesitate to contact us.
There are three options to get from Edinburgh airport to the city centre, all take approx 30-35 minutes. The main rail station Waverley is approx 1 km from the apt.
1. Edinburgh trams, approx every 8-10 mins (Sunday 12-15 mins), right outside terminal, the nearest drop off point for the apt is the Shandwick Place stop which is approx 1 km away. Cost 8.50 pounds for adults and 4.50 pounds for children for a RETURN journey.
2. Airport express bus, every 15 minutes right outside terminal building, drop off point on Waverley Bridge approx 1 km from the apt Costs 7.50 pounds per person for a RETURN journey.
3. Taxi, many can be found right outside the terminal building and will cost 15 - 20 pounds for a one way journey. However a taxi will drop you off right outside the property you have booked.
Street parking is enforced Mon Sat 08:00 - 18:30, it is expensive and inflexible as you can only stay in one spot for a few hours.
There are many city centre car parks to choose from, you can use these for a short time or full days which cost approx 20 pounds or more or enter the postcode of the property you have booked into this website http://www.parkopedia.co.uk/
Alternatively if you do not plan your use your car much, (Edinburgh is a relatively small city centre and is much better explored on foot), leave your car in a well lit residential street outside the restricted city centre, the whole operation should take approx 30 minutes. Alternatively, the return journey in a taxi from an unrestricted area (approx 2.5 km) would be less than one days parking charges. Information on the best areas for this can be provided.